Deeds Not Words: A one day conference
12 November 2017
PLANT @ NOMA
A one-day conference celebrating women's activism is coming to PLANT in NOMA.
Organised by the Women's Equality Party, the event aims to bring together people from across Manchester who dedicate their time and energy to creating a more equal society.
Manchester was recently ranked one of the worst places in Britain (365 out of 380) to be a woman.
In response, the Party wish to keep the conversation alive and showcase the work that people are doing throughout our city to actively bring about change.
Expect talks from inspirational women about the work that they are doing to benefit women and girls in Greater Manchester, sessions in which you can get your hands dirty and make feminist paraphrenalia, a performance from the WAST choir, alongside campaign groups explaining their work and how you can get involved.
- Sophie Walker, Leader of the Women's Equality Party
- Eve Holt, DivaManc, Parliament Project & M4
- Joeli Brearley, Pregnant Then Screwed
- Gail Heath, CEO. The Pankhurst Trust (inc. Manchester Women's Aid)
- WAST, Women asylum seekers together
This event is open to all and childcare and refreshments will be provided.