Do you have an idea for an event or project that could improve your neighbourhood?
Manchester City Council’s Neighbourhood Investment Fund is open to established groups, voluntary groups and other community groups, as well as groups of residents working together for the first time.
Every year a total of £20,000 is available per area (ward) of the city, which could be used for a wide range of initiatives, including:
- supporting groups of residents back into employment or training;
- establishing new community groups;
- supporting established groups, new groups and delivering local projects;
- clean ups, planting, recycling and reducing waste projects; or
- other activities important to your neighbourhood.
Activities should broadly fall into one of the following areas:
- Work and skills – supporting residents into work by offering additional learning and skills development, including activities relating to coaching, mentoring or volunteering;
- Community groups – seed funding new groups to get an idea off the ground and active engagement of the community to deliver projects. Established groups could also receive one-off funding to help support smaller groups and deliver local projects;
- Improving the environment and increase recycling – including community clean ups or planting projects. Projects that increase recycling and the reduction of waste in a community; or
- Other activities/events linked to ward priorities – applications will be considered for activities/events that support communities and the priorities of the area (ward).